Barix 1st Saturday Support Grp is this weekend, 6/4.

Dennis Belk
on 6/2/11 2:20 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hello Everyone,
As the 1st Saturday in June approaches ask yourself these questions:

As someone who is considering  WLS (Weight Loss Surgery), where can I go and find out whether it can work for me? And can I bring friends and family along to address their concerns?

As a new WLS patient how am I doing? Do I have any issues that I need help with? Do I have good progress to report? Do I have questions to ask?

As a WLS patient who is further out, do I feel good and want to share that with others like me? Or am I struggling and need the support of others who can help? Why is my appetite coming back? Why am I eating more than before?

As a WLS patient who has more than "been around the block", how do I feel? Have I been able to reach goal, maintain my healthy weight and feel good about that? Did I struggle in the past but now I'm back on track? Did I do well for a number of years but now have regain?

The answer(s) to all of the above can be found Saturday from 11A - 130P, in the lobby at Barix Clinics in Langhorne, PA. There you will find a friendly group of caring support group leaders and patients who fit all the above categories and more...

Today there are many WLS procedures (RNY - gastric-bypass, Lap-Band, Duodenal Switch, Gastric Sleeve) and the patients of these procedures will be there. 

We are there to help you and to reinforce the mantra that "You are not alone". The decision to have WLS is very personal and yours' alone. It's a difficult one and hopefully one you will always feel good about. The work after surgery is not easy and it is ongoing. You don't have to do that work alone. The physical, emotional, inspirational, and spiritual can all be shared with those that understand. The load is a lighter one when shared with others who are just like you.

Join us on Saturday and find out.

Hope to see ya there,

Dennis

bvohl
on 6/2/11 9:11 am
I will be there with bells on!!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

lynnc99
on 6/2/11 11:18 pm
See you there Beth!
Dennis Belk
on 6/3/11 1:40 am - Philadelphia, PA
See ya there,

Beth V

Lynn

and

Cherish
PittsburghScot
on 6/2/11 10:44 pm - Langhorne, PA
Sorry Dennis. I was planning on being there but have an emergency and need to leave town. I'd wanted to wish you well on your last leader day. I hope I'll get to see you again someday.

Scot
Dennis Belk
on 6/3/11 1:35 am - Philadelphia, PA
It's okay Scot. I hope things work out well for you and I'll see you down the road.

Take care bud,

Dennis
Lisa H.
on 6/3/11 12:21 am - Whitehall, PA
Believe it or not, I have at least 4 other things going on this weekend.. me? yeah.. really..

Can't make it.  Dennis, I know this is your last meeting as leader and I'm sure it will be somewhat emotional for everyone there.  

I wish you the best of luck and I love you!

My tracker

hers 

Dennis Belk
on 6/3/11 1:39 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Lisa,

I believe it. This is the start of the year when we all get busier. As My Beth clarified in this thread tomorrow will be my last as a 1st Saturday leader but my last meeting as a leader will be the post-op on the third Wednesday, June 15th.

Thanks Lisa,

Love you too,

Dennis
Cherish F.
on 6/3/11 12:25 am - Philadelphia, PA
I'll be there!
Lisa -
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

bvohl
on 6/3/11 12:37 am
YEAH!!!!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1783 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1875 views